Virtual Absolute Beginner Ballet Course
Ballet for the Adult Absolute Beginner is a multi-class course for women and men of all ages who are serious about starting ballet. In this introduction, exercises will be clearly presented and explained with a focus on form, alignment, posture, and musical awareness. The course begins with basic mobility and stretching exercises to prepare you to learn the fundamentals of ballet safely and thoroughly. During the COVID-19 lockdown, we are pleased to offer this course in VIRTUAL format.
Virtual Ballet for the Adult Absolute Beginner
When: Four Wednesdays, October 7 – 28, 3:00-4:00 ON ZOOM
Price: $145 for the four-class course
This 4-week Virtual Ballet Course for the Adult Absolute Beginner is for anyone that has always wanted to study ballet, or once danced and wants to rekindle an old passion. In addition to the 4-week course, each student will receive an in-person introductory private session, by appointment, during the week before the Zoom course starts.
When: Wednesdays, October 7th through October 28th. The course meets on Zoom one time per week for four consecutive Wednesdays, 3:00-4:00 p.m. Your private, in-person introductory sessions will be held at The Dance Hub, by appointment between September 23-October 5th.
Instructors: Carrie Stein Hill and Dance Hub artistic director Carrie Diamond will work as a team to ensure a clear and engaging introduction to ballet fundamentals, with an emphasis on fun and enjoyment! They are committed to the progress and safety of their students.
Sign Up Here!
- A keen interest in studying ballet and the ability to make a commitment to the introductory private session and each of the four weekly classes
- A large enough home space where a laptop or computer can be set up with enough distance for your full body image through Zoom
- Floor: A wood floor is preferable but carpet with short, firm pile is OK. We do not recommend tile flooring.
- A makeshift ballet barre such as a chair or an ironing board
- Ballet slippers or cotton athletic socks
- Ballet attire or leggings and a fitted t-shirt
- For the safety of our students, a doctor’s note may be required if you have a medical issue that could limit participation in any part of the class
Not able to attend this session?
Fill out the form below and we will get back to you.