The Virtual Dance Hub
Free Virtual Classes for the Two Susans, Monday 3/30 and Wednesday 4/1 See our Evolving Schedule.
In compliance with the orders from Governor Newsom and the Santa Barbara City Council, in-person classes at The Dance Hub have been suspended. We will do our best to keep our Dance Hub community strong with virtual classes, chats before and after each class, and a community bulletin board.
And PLEASE wash your hands and stay safe!Go Virtual Help Keep The Dance Hub Going
Rent Subsidy at The Dance Hub 2020
American Dance & Music is pleased to announce that The Dance Hub has received a 2020 Organizational Development Grant from the City of Santa Barbara in partnership with the Santa Barbara County Arts Commission. With this grant, we are able to offer rent subsidies for rehearsal space this Spring. This year, we are seeking applicants for a 50% rent subsidy during the period of February 1 through June 30, 2020.
The mission of The Dance Hub’s Rent Subsidy Program is to support the artistic advancement of Santa Barbara area choreographers and non-profit dance organizations in the creation and development of new work.
- Rent subsidies are available to individual choreographers or non-profit dance performance organizations for rehearsals up to maximum of 20 hours.
- Rent subsidies are not available for classes or teaching.
- Funds will be made available for creation of a new work or the restaging of an existing work created within the last three years.
- Hours must be used by the end of the grant period and are not transferable to any other person or organization.
- Selected applicants will be invited to perform their work at the next Up Close at the Dance Hub performance, June 14, 2020
- Work samples may be requested as part of the selection process
Grant awardees must credit The Dance Hub for the rent subsidy in the following way:
“The creation/restaging of [YOUR WORK] was made possible in part by a Rent Subsidy Grant from American Dance and Music, Inc.”
Choreographers must send a PDF of the performance program showing this credit for the subsidized work. Please send to email@example.com. This will be required for future grants.