AD&M classes have gone HYBRID
Now that Santa Barbara County has entered the Orange Tier, students will be able to attend selected classes in the studio as well as on Zoom if preferred. These classes are designated as HYBRID. Masks will be required for studio attendance until further notice. Check this site periodically for updates.
The Hybrid Dance Hub
Already know how to sign up? Register for class here
We have put a number of COVID-19 mitigation practices into effect, as explained below, including following Board of Health guidelines for COVID-19 mitigation. Barres will be wiped down with anti-viral wipes after each class. State of the art air purifiers have been installed. The floor, doorknobs, light switches, power buttons, sound system sliders, trash cans, bathroom, etc. will be sanitized periodically. As California remains under a mask mandate, masks must be worn at all times while inside The Dance Hub.
As is always the case with The Dance Hub, this is a work in progress and our procedures and practices are subject to change. We welcome your questions and suggestions.
In-studio Class Attendance
At The Dance Hub, we understand that this is a time of transition. Until herd immunity is achieved, TDH will be taking precautions to keep our students and instructors safe and comfortable. We realize that this is a shifting landscape and the guidelines below are subject to change. We are committed to keeping this webpage up to date. For now, the following procedures apply:
- If you are interested in attending a class in person, please contact the instructor at least 48 hours in advance. In-studio class size will be limited, so make sure you have instructor approval before arriving at the studio. Contact Carrie Diamond (email@example.com) for ballet, Susan Alexander (firstname.lastname@example.org) for modern, or Vivian Leilani Shay (email@example.com) for theatre jazz.
- All students must sign up and pay online before class. No cash or checks will be accepted at the studio.
- When you arrive for your first class, you must fill out and sign an addendum to the class waiver. If you’d prefer to print and fill out the waiver ahead of time, the waiver can be downloaded here.
- Students must keep social distance and wear a mask at all times, including in the lobby and bathroom.
- In addition, students must follow sanitary practices to mitigate spreading the virus. We encourage students to wash their hands for 30 seconds when they arrive at the studio or use the hand sanitizer provided. This includes sanitizing one’s hands after using the bathroom.
- Students may dance in bare feet for modern class but will need to wipe their feet with an anti-viral wipe before class.
If you are uncomfortable with any of the provisions above, you may attend class virtually via Zoom. If you need help getting started with virtual classes, see more information here.