The Hybrid Dance Hub
Most of The Dance Hub’s classes are now hybrid. If you are fully vaccinated, you will be able to sign up either for a VIRTUAL or IN STUDIO version of the class. If you are unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated, you will need to sign up for a VIRTUAL version. Thanks to our new Wellness Living software, we are making it easier to attend virtual classes on Zoom. You will be sent a Zoom link at sign up and as a reminder. You will also be able to access this link from the Wellness Living Website or phone app. See more information here. Please bear with us while we make the transition finalize the switch. If you have any questions, please contact Eric Valinsky at email@example.com.
Please note that a few of our classes are IN STUDIO or VIRTUAL only, but most are available in both formats.
The Hybrid Dance Hub
Already know how to sign up? Register for class here
We have put a number of practices into effect, as explained below, including following Board of Health guidelines for COVID-19 mitigation. Barres will be wiped down with anti-viral wipes after each class. State of the art air purifiers have been installed. The floor, doorknobs, light switches, power buttons, sound system sliders, trash cans, bathroom, etc. will be sanitized periodically. In addition, for students who are not fully vaccinated (last shot plus 14), masks must be worn at all times while inside The Dance Hub.
As is always the case with The Dance Hub, this is a work in progress and our procedures and practices are subject to change. We welcome your questions and suggestions.
Thanks to our new Wellness Living software, we are able to offer separate VIRTUAL and IN STUDIO components for most of our classes. This will allow the instructor to know who is coming into the studio and who will be taking class via Zoom. Note that if you sign up for VIRTUAL or IN STUDIO and need to switch, you will be able to cancel the one and then sign up for the other.
In-studio Class Attendance
At The Dance Hub, we understand that this is a time of transition. Until herd immunity is achieved, TDH will be taking precautions to keep our students and instructors safe and comfortable. We realize that this is a shifting landscape and the guidelines below are subject to change. We are committed to keeping this webpage up to date. For now, the following procedures apply:
- If you are interested in attending a class in person, please be sure to sign up for the IN PERSON version of the class.
- All students must sign up and pay online before class. No cash or checks will be accepted at the studio.
- When you arrive for your first class, you must fill out and sign an addendum to the class waiver. If you’d prefer to print and fill out the waiver ahead of time, the waiver can be downloaded here.
- Vaccinated students should bring in their vaccination card or a copy to show to the instructor and sign a vaccination affirmation. Otherwise you will need to wear a mask.
- Unvaccinated students or those who have not signed a vaccination affirmation must keep social distance and wear a mask at all times, including in the lobby and bathroom.
- In addition, students must follow sanitary practices to mitigate spreading the virus. We encourage students to wash their hands for 30 seconds when they arrive at the studio or use the hand sanitizer provided. This includes sanitizing one’s hands after using the bathroom.
- Students may dance in bare feet for modern class but will need to wipe their feet with an anti-viral wipe before class. In addition, any approved dance shoes should also be wiped if they have been worn outside.
Virtual Class Attendance
Wellness Living has streamlined the process of obtaining and using Zoom links. When you sign up for a VIRTUAL class, you will receive a Zoom link in your confirmation email and again in your reminder email just before class. NOTE: there is no need to create a Zoom account. Following are other ways to access your Zoom class:
- If you are on a DESKTOP or LAPTOP computer:
- Go to the Wellness Living site and log in
- Find your class on the schedule
- Use the Zoom button to start the Zoom meeting
- If you are on a mobile device (PHONE or TABLET):
- For best results, pre-install the Zoom app
- Go to your app store and find “The Dance Hub” and download the app
- Login to view your schedule and find your class
- Use the Zoom button to start the Zoom meeting.