Delta Variant Update
Monday, September 13, 2021
The Delta Variant has come to Santa Barbara and The Dance Hub has once again revised our in-studio attendance policies. Until further notice, we will require full vaccination (shots + 2 weeks) to attend class in-studio. If you are a new student, you must bring in your vaccination card and sign an affidavit. In accordance with Santa Barbara County’s mask mandate, all persons entering The Dance Hub must wear a mask at all times. This includes the lobby, the outdoor ramp, and entrance to the restroom. If you are unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated, we welcome you to take our VIRTUAL classes on Zoom. We remain committed to making The Dance Hub a safe place to dance.
The Hybrid Dance Hub
Already know how to sign up? Find your class here
We have put a number of practices into effect, as explained below, including following Board of Health guidelines for COVID-19 mitigation. Students must be fully vaccinated (last shot + 2 weeks) to attend class and masks must be worn at all times. In addition, barres will be wiped down with anti-viral wipes after each class. State-of-the-art air purifiers have been installed. The floor, doorknobs, light switches, power buttons, sound system sliders, trash cans, bathroom, etc. will be sanitized periodically. Students who are not fully vaccinated are invited to take our classes virtually via Zoom.
As is always the case with The Dance Hub, this is a work in progress and our procedures and practices are subject to change. We welcome your questions and suggestions.
Thanks to our new Wellness Living software, we are able to offer separate VIRTUAL and IN STUDIO components for most of our classes. This will allow the instructor to know who is coming into the studio and who will be taking class via Zoom. Note that if you sign up for VIRTUAL or IN STUDIO and need to switch, you will be able to cancel the one and then sign up for the other. If you have not already done so, sign up for your Wellness Living account here.
In-studio Class Attendance
At The Dance Hub, we understand that this is a time of transition. Until herd immunity is achieved, TDH will be taking precautions to keep our students and instructors safe and comfortable. We realize that this is a shifting landscape and the guidelines below are subject to change. We are committed to keeping this webpage up to date. For now, the following procedures apply:
- To attend class in person, you must be fully vaccinated (last shot + 2 weeks). If you are interested in attending a class in person, please be sure to sign up for the IN PERSON version of the class. Bring your mask!
- All students must sign up and pay online before class. No cash or checks will be accepted at the studio.
- When you arrive for your first class, you must fill out and sign an addendum to the class waiver. If you’d prefer to print and fill out the waiver ahead of time, the waiver can be downloaded here.
- If this is your first time in the studio, bring in your vaccination card or a copy to show to the instructor and sign the vaccination affirmation.
- We enforce wearing of masks and social distancing, including in the lobby and bathroom.
- In addition, students must follow sanitary practices to mitigate spreading the virus. We encourage students to wash their hands for 30 seconds when they arrive at the studio or use the hand sanitizer provided. This includes sanitizing one’s hands after using the bathroom.
- Students may dance in bare feet for modern class but will need to wipe their feet with an anti-viral wipe before class. In addition, any approved dance shoes should also be wiped if they have been worn outside.
Virtual Class Attendance
Wellness Living has streamlined the process of obtaining and using Zoom links. When you sign up for a VIRTUAL class, you will receive a Zoom link in your confirmation email and again in your reminder email just before class. NOTE: there is no need to create a personal Zoom account. Following are other ways to access your Zoom class:
- If you are on a DESKTOP or LAPTOP computer:
- Go to the Wellness Living site and log in
- Find your class on the schedule
- Use the Zoom button to start the Zoom meeting
- If you are on a mobile device (PHONE or TABLET):
- For best results, pre-install the Zoom app
- Go to your app store and find “The Dance Hub” and download the app
- Login to view your schedule and find your class
- Use the Zoom button to start the Zoom meeting.