Studio Rental at The Dance Hub
The Dance Hub offers dance studio rental at reasonable rates for classes, workshops, and rehearsals. Our studios feature:
- State-of-the-art dance floors by David Sukonick
- High quality sound systems
- A comfortable waiting area, dressing area, and a clean, spacious restroom
- Central location in the heart of the theater district
- Convenient parking in the Granada Parking Lot
NOTE: As of January 1, our rental rates will increase to $35/hour for the big studio and $25/hour for the small studio. Reduced-rate rental packages are available. Please see below.
Location: 22 East Victoria Street, between State and Anacapa, around the back
Our big studio measures 37′ by 39′ (1443 sq. ft.). It features a state-of-the-art floating floor that minimizes the the risk of injury and is ideal for ballet shoes, bare feet, or socks.
Other features include:
- Wall-to-wall mirrors and portable barres
- Ceiling fans
- 15 foot ceiling
Please Note: to maintain the quality and cleanliness of the floor, absolutely no street shoes are allowed in this studio. Sneakers, ballroom, flamenco, or tap shoes are not allowed.
Small StudioOur small studio measures 24′ by 17′ (408 sq. ft.). It features a vintage oak floor, sanded and sealed to allow percussive dance. Other features include:
- One mirrored wall and one portable barre
- Three large windows
- 15 foot ceiling
Please Note: to maintain cleanliness, no street shoes are allowed in the studio. Shoes for percussive dance are allowed contingent upon staff approval. Contact us for more information./p>
Rental Rates, Policies, and Fees
New rates and policies take effect January 1, 2020.
- To request rental space, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805) 845-0835
- All first-time renters must pay a registration fee of $20 and meet with a Dance Hub staff member for a short orientation before their first appointment.
- All renters must fill out and sign the rental agreement. Download a copy here.
- Space rental is not confirmed until payment is received. Payment can be made at The Dance Hub by cash, check, or credit card or online by credit card.
- Payments are non-refundable. You will be given credit for cancellations with 48 hours advance notice. Credit is good for future rentals as well as AD&M classes or courses. Credit is not transferable.
- The Dance Hub reserves the right to cancel appointments to meet studio needs. We will do our best to give you as much advance notice as possible.
- As a renter, you understand that The Dance Hub is a shared space and there may be other classes or rehearsals occurring during your rental period. You agree to keep the lobby area tidy, to keep all sounds to a reasonable volume, and to be respectful of other users and to the residents of the Victoria Hotel above.
- Studios and common areas should be returned to the condition in which they were found. Cleaning fees may be levied for excessive messes or damage to the floor.
Rental Rates: Single Use and Short-Term
- Short-term rental rates are as follows: $35/hour for the Big Studio; $25/hour for the Small Studio.
- The minimum appointment length for single-use rentals is 1.5 hours.
- Rentals must be booked at least 48 hours in advance to avoid the $5 scheduling fee. Requests for appointments on Sunday or Monday must be received by Friday at noon.
- Any changes to an appointment must be made at least 24 hours in advance to avoid the $10 rescheduling fee.
- Cancellations made in less than 24 hours are non-refundable and no credit is given.
- A $50 security deposit is required for special events to cover any damages or cleaning costs needed after your event. The security deposit is fully refundable if the studio is returned to its pre-event condition.
Rental Rates: Monthly Package Rate
- Rental package rates are as follows: $30/hour for the Big Studio; $20/hour for the Small Studio.
- To get the monthly package rate, you must rent at least three weekly appointments on the same day and time within a single month (ex. Wednesdays 6:00-7:30pm).
- Bookings must be paid in advance.
- Once a renter has booked and paid for at least three weekly appointments, they may add more appointments at the package rate. Requests for additional rentals must be made at least 48 hours in advance to avoid the $5 scheduling fee.
- ● For a minimum of four appointments per month, a maximum of one appointment per month may be canceled for credit if the cancellation request is made at least 24 hours in advance.
- There are no refunds for the monthly package rate.
- Monthly renters are eligible for listings on The Dance Hub Website. See below for details.
- Registration Fee: All first-time renters must pay a registration fee of $20.
- Scheduling Fee: Charge for scheduling a rental less than 48 hours in advance: $5
- Rescheduling Fee: Charge for rescheduling a rental less than 24 hours in advance: $10
Web Listing for Long Term RentalsFor a minimal monthly fee, we can display your long-term rental classes on The Dance Hub’s Website. This includes
- Listing of your classes in the master class schedule (here).
- The description of your classes in our Rental Classes list (here)
- Branding with your logo, if available.
- Your picture and bio in our instructors list (here).
- Social Media coverage on Instagram and Facebook
- Please submit class description, bio, headshot, and logo, if applicable